STAY SAFE FOR MONSOON SEASON
Arizona is known for its long Monsoon season. Rising temperatures throughout the summer always seems to bring extra risk of them. These are scheduled to last all the way through September. During this time, it’s important for you and your vehicle to stay safe. In this blog, we will discuss little tips to help you and your car stay in tip-top shape throughout the summer Monsson season.
The most obvious problem we see in our shops at this time of year associated with the Monsoon season is water damage. Any flooding can cause major damage to your engine if you expose it to the water. Driving through flood waters is a risk that needs to be avoided wherever possible. Our Arizona roads aren’t the best when it comes to drainage systems to here are a few recommendations we have if you are driving during a storm;
- ALWAYS keep your headlights on – Most importantly this helps your visibility to other drivers and helps your view too.
- SAFETY ISSUES- Have your safety issues in your vehicle checked. These are things such as tire tread, headlights and windshield wipers. If you are unsure how to check these, just call in to any of our 9 locations and we can take a quick look for you.
- Drive with caution – Slow down when you are unsure and can’t see far enough ahead of you. It goes without saying that driving fast during storms is not a great idea.
- Don’t get too close to the car in front of you! Slippery roads and lack of vision means you should keep a good distance between you and the car in front of you.
- If you see a large puddle ahead of you, try your best to avoid it. Hitting one side of your car with a deep puddle can cause Hydroplaning and is a risk better avoided.
All these tips are great if you absolutely HAVE to drive during a monsoon or dust storm. But wherever possible, please try to avoid the roads. These storms usually pass reasonably quick, so unless you have to, try to delay the journey until the roads are safer. If you do drive, ALWAYS wear your seatbelt and make sure your vehicle itself is in great working condition. If you have any other questions about Do’s and Don’ts during the summer, please let us know.